CliSAP’s Integrated Activity “Understanding Science in Interaction” (USI) aims at a thorough understanding of communication processes in inter- and transdisciplinary collaboration. It is composed of a research project and a range of "in-reach" events and experiments.
A social science perspective on climate research
USI's research works towards a sociology of inter- and transdisciplinarity. The study focuses on the teaching of interdisciplinarity, the organisation of interdisciplinarity and the role of inter- and transdisciplinary communication in the production of climate-related knowledge.
USI's "in-reach" contributes a reflexive perspective to everyday life at KlimaCampus with the aim of facilitating communication processes within CliSAP. Projects include visiting artist researchers, teaching the social study of science, interviews with researchers and public and panel debates on a range of overarching topics.
- Frank, A. M., Froese, R. E., Hof, B. C., Scheffold, M. I. E., Schreyer, F., Zeller, M., & Rödder, S. (in press). Riding alone on the elevator – a class experiment in interdisciplinary education. Learning and Teaching: The International Journal of Higher Education in the Social Sciences.
- Rödder, S. (2017). The climate of science-art and the art-science of the climate: Meeting points, boundary objects and boundary work. Minerva, 55, 93-116. doi:10.1007/s11024-016-9312-y.
- von Storch, H., & Bray, D. (2017). Models, manifestation and attribution of climate change. Meteorology Hydrology and Water Management, 5, 47-52. doi:10.26491/mhwm/67388.
- Görlich, M., & Rödder, S. (2017). Zwischen Lernort und Disputationsprobe. Eine empirische Untersuchung von Advisory Panel Meetings in einem strukturierten Promotionsprogramm in der Klimaforschung. In S. Lessenich (
Ed.), Geschlossene Gesellschaften. 38. Kongress der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Soziologie.
- Schuck-Zöller, S., Brinkmann, C., & Rödder, S. (in press). Integrating research and practice in emerging climate services – lessons from other transdisciplinary fields. In S. Serrao-Neumann, A. Coudrain, & L. Coulter (
Eds.), Developing and communicating climate change information for decision making. Dordrecht: Springer.