The aim of the call for projects is to select between 4 and 7 research projects which will improve our understanding of climate change issues. These projects will receive funding from the BNP Paribas Foundation over three years (2017-2019). Max. project sum is 800.000 €.
- The project must be related a scientific research project (fundamental and/or applied research) and its subject must be the climate, climate change, the impact of climate change on our environment, or the adaptation of ecosystems and communities around the world. It may therefore address one or more research themes including climatology, physics, geology, oceanography, marine or terrestrial biology, glaciology, hydrology, atmospheric sciences, volcanology, and economic and social sciences.
- The project leader must not already have received support from the BNP Paribas Foundation for a project that he/she co-ordinated, although he/she may be connected to a laboratory that has already received a grant or may have taken part in a project that has already received support.
- The project submitted must not be a personal project (no bursaries will be awarded).
- The public-interest organisation under which the project will take place must be non-profit-making and based in a European Union country, Iceland or Norway, although it may work in collaboration with laboratories that are not located in those countries.
- The grant requested:
- must not exceed 800.000 €
- must equal between 25 and 60 of the project's total budget
- may cover all types of expenses