Workshop on Numerical Methods for Scale Interactions 2011
Scale interaction between small-scale turbulent mixing at cloud boundaries and large-scale cloud development, or between small-scale topographic perturbation and large-scale intra-glacial fractures, or other geoscientific phenomena like hurricanes, etc. require adequate numerical representation. In this workshop experts from computational sciences and geosciences interact closely to develop and extend existing numerical methods for such phenomena.
The idea of this workshop is to bring colleagues of the three communities represented by the organizers, i.e.
- Glaciology – Angelika Humbert
- Atmospheric cyclones– Thomas Frisius
- Scientific computing – Jörn Behrens
with their specific aspect in scale interactions closer together by a number of energetic, work-oriented sessions of discussion and brainstorming, instead of “yet another scientific presentation session”. The number of participants is restricted to 40 including 15 invited guests.
Important dates to remember.
- Workshop: September 21-23, 2011
- Final Program: September 1, 2011
- Acceptance notification: August 15, 2011
- Abstract submission: July 15, 2011
- Call for Participation: June 30, 2011