CliSAP cooperates with the two Clusters „The Future Ocean“ from Kiel and „Marum“ from Bremen. All three share one large booth "Marine & Climate Sciences Germany" on the ground level (“Yellow level”, booth #20/22/47). There you will be able to inform yourself about CliSAP and the Center for Earth System Research and Sustainability (CEN) of the Universität Hamburg.
On Wednesday, the 20th of April between 4 and 6 pm, CliSAP & SICSS hosts an alumni meeting together with Kiel and Bremen and invites all active and former CliSAP members to the CliSAP booth #47 on the ground level for snacks and drinks.
We invite all of our colleagues to stop by at our CliSAP/CEN booth!
Some of the main oral presentations are listed below. Please click on the title to get to the abstract.
Monday, 18th of April
- 9:15-9:30/Room L7: "Strombolian eruption dynamics: insight from small scale experiments and Stromboli, Yasur and Mt. Erebus" (Matthias Hort, Lea Scharff, and Elena Gerwing)
Tuesday, 19th of April
- 8:30-8:45/Room E2: "Improved seasonal prediction of winter NAO through ensemble sub-sampling." (Mikhail Dobrynin, Daniela I.V. Domeisen, Wolfgang A. Müller, Louisa Bell, Sebastian Brune, Felix Bunzel, Kristina Fröhlich, Holger Pohlmann, and Johanna Baehr)
- 11:45-12:00/Room E2: "Predicting Climate Change using Response Theory: Global Averages and Spatial Patterns" (Valerio Lucarini, Frank Lunkeit, and Francesco Ragone)
- 14:30-14:45/Room L8: "Further influence of the eastern boundary on the seasonal variability of the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation at 26N" (Johanna Baehr and Christian Schmidt)
Wednesday, 20th of April
- 11:00-11:15/Room M2: "Nile River discharge and Eastern Mediterranean Sea surface freshening during sapropel S1 formation" (Valerie Menke, Syee Weldeab, and Gerhard Schmiedl)
- 11:00-11:15/Room 1.61: "Interannual sedimentary eﬄuxes of alkalinity in the southern North Sea: Model results compared with summer observations." (Johannes Paetsch, Wilfried Kuehn, and Katharina Six)
- 11:15-11:30/Room 1.61: "The influence of riverine nitrogen on the dynamics of the North Sea oxygen minimum zone" (Fabian Große, Markus Kreus, Hermann Lenhart, and Johannes Paetsch)
- 11:15-11:30/Room N1: "Long-Wave Runup on a Plane Beach: An Experimental and Numerical Investigation" (Stefan Vater, Ulrike Drähne, Nils Goseberg, Nicole Beisiegel, and Jörn Behrens)
- 14:45-15:00/Room M1: "Coupling river hydrochemical information with catchment properties for multi-scale-analysis of lateral matter fluxes in the Earth system" (Jens Hartmann, Ronny Lauerwald, and Nils Moosdorf)
- 16:00-18:00/CliSAP booth #20/22/47 at the entrance hall, yellow level: Alumni get-together of CliSAP/CEN, SICSS, Future Ocean & marum
Thursday, 21st of April
- 9:15-9:30/Room B: "Quaternary climate - Terrestrial Biosphere Interaction: amplifying or stabilizing?" (Martin Claussen)
- 9:45-10:00/Room E2: "The Medieval Climate Anomaly and Byzantium: A review of the evidence on climatic fluctuations, economic performance and societal change" (Elena Xoplaki, Dominik Fleitmann, Juerg Luterbacher, Sebastian Wagner, John F. Haldon, Eduardo Zorita, Ioannis Telelis, Andrea Toreti, and Adam Izdebski)
- 9:45-10:00/Room -2.20: "Implementing high-latitude biogeochemical processes into Earth System Models" (Victor Brovkin, Thomas Kleinen, Fabio Cresto-Aleina, Silvia Kloster, and Tatiana Ilyina)
- 10:45-11:00/Room M2: "IODP Expedition 359: Maldives Monsoon and Sea Level" (Christian Betzler, Gregor Eberli, Carlos Zarikian and the IODP Expedition 359 Scientists Team)
- 12:00-12:15/Room -2.32: "3D visualization of ultra-fine ICON climate simulation data" (Niklas Röber, Dela Spickermann, and Michael Böttinger)
- 13:45-14:00/Room -2.32: "Visual Analysis of time-dependent 2D Uncertainties in Decadal Climate Predictions" (Michael Böttinger, Niklas Röber, Karin Meier-Fleischer, and Holger Pohlmann)
- 14:45-15:00/Room -2.32: "Comparative visual analysis of 3D urban wind simulations" (Niklas Röber, Mohamed Salim, David Grawe, Bernd Leitl, Michael Böttinger, and Heinke Schlünzen)